Kelowna, British Columbia
Inspire Property Management is looking for a strata manager to join our small team of exceptional strata and rental property mangers in beautiful Kelowna, BC. Some benefits of this position include opportunities for continuing education and a reasonable portfolio with high earning potential.
Licensable Candidates Only
All candidates must be licensed or have completed the Strata Management Licensing Course (including a passing grade on the final exam). A successful candidate who was not licensed before the time of their hiring will receive on the job training and mentoring from the Managing Broker, provide supervised assistance to licensed managers with real world tasks, and will be allotted “study time” to complete available continuing education seminars– being able to ask the Managing Broker questions they may have after viewing the presentations.
Candidates are required to provide proof of completion of the licensing course with their application if they have only recently passed the licensing exam or are unlicensed for any other reason. Proof may be given in the form of a course completion letter from UBC Sauder School of Business (“UBC Sauder”) or a printout of the course history from the UBC Sauder website. Direct link here: Real Estate Division Course History – Printable Version (ubc.ca). Note that you may need to login first before this link will take you to the correct location (i.e. click the link a second time after your have logged in).
The successful candidate may join Inspire Property Management in early 2021. They will work as an independent contractor, starting with a small portfolio of properties (equivalent to full-time hours for an inexperienced candidate). The candidate will receive training and mentoring from the Managing Broker as the candidate’s efficiency improves with knowledge and experience, the candidate may choose to grow their portfolio to maintain full time-hours or take advantage of the additional personal time for an ideal work-life balance.
Responsibilities will include:
• Managing each strata property’s financial affairs, strata insurance, and other paperwork
• Meeting with clients to explain guiding legislation and find resolutions to disputes patiently and tactfully
• Ensuring that each strata is in compliance with (frequently changing) laws and procedures
• Conducting meetings with strata councils
• Being available and highly responsive to take calls and emails
• Respond to emergencies (24/7)
• Proactively seek guidance and education from the Managing Broker, colleagues, and third-party continuing education courses
• Meet with clients at their properties which, will mostly be located in Kelowna and Central Okanagan
Although the successful candidate’s portfolio of clients will primarily be in Kelowna, a candidate willing to travel to Penticton is preferred, and may increase the candidate’s potential to grow their portfolio once they are able to maintain additional client relationships without compromising performance of their prior commitments.
We are seeking candidates with experience as a licensed strata manager or individuals who meet the description below and are willing to undergo paid training (details below*).
• Have completed the strata management licensing course, including a passing grade on the final exam
• Be professional, patient and empathetic when working with clients
• Have exceptional conflict resolution skills
• Be able to explain complex subjects in clear and concise terms
• Be highly organized and detail-oriented
• Have intermediate computer skills, including competence in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Be able to type quickly (suggested min 60wpm) while simultaneously listening to discussions at a meeting
• Enjoy using analytical skills and finding creative solutions to problems
• Love learning complicated concepts and integrating new information as it arises
• Have a driver’s license and maintain a dependable vehicle
Perks & Benefits
• Group Health & Dental – At the independent contractor’s own cost and after basic training, a successful candidate may participate in the group health and dental benefits program offered by the company. Should the independent contractor hire an assistant or other staff, the contractor may offer benefits to their employee(s).
• Education Benefit – Inspire will pay a successful candidate’s cost to attend continuing education related to the position, whether the course is given by an industry education provider, college, university, or school. This benefit will continue even after basic training.
• Discounts – We build trusted relationships with our service providers and sometimes they offer discounts on products and services to our clients and staff. Telus Communications offers a discount on TV and internet services. The Brick in Kelowna and Penticton offers commercial pricing on furniture, electronics and appliances.
Please apply on IndeedJobs.com here: https://www.indeedjobs.com/inspire-property-management-ltd/jobs/e43c3c93e72053a911ba
If you are not currently licensed, please be sure to include proof of completion of the strata management licensing course as described above.
We would like to thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Have you only recently completed the strata management licensing exam, but think you would excel in the position described above? We will pay you during your training and reimburse your initial licensing fee if we ultimately hire you as a Strata Manager following your training and successful completion of the licensing exam!
Before applying, the candidate must have received a passing grade on the final exam for the strata management licensing course.
Once hired, the candidate must be able to work most of the time without direct supervision within 6 months. Thereafter, a reasonable amount of mentoring from, and conversations with, a managing broker or senior strata manager is to be expected. For example, most strata managers will speak with their managing broker about once per day to ask questions or seek input.
During the basic training period (3 to 6 months), the candidate will…
• Complete all tasks under the direct supervision of a current licensee
• Shadow one or more licensees at 3 to 6 council meetings per month (may be daytime or evening)
• Receive mentoring from the Managing Broker
• Receive a minimum payment of $2,000 per month or $20 per hour (whichever is greater) until commissions earned from their portfolio alone exceeds that amount. For clarity, this minimal pay is only applicable if the candidate work part time during the transition from a previous job or for any other reason the candidate plans to work less than full time hours.
After basic training, a successful candidate will be offered a position as an independent contractor and will be reimbursed for the initial licensing fees.