Kelowna, British Columbia
Inspire Property Management is looking for a junior strata manager or unlicensed strata manager trainee to join our small team of exceptional strata and rental property mangers. Some benefits of this position include opportunities for continuing education and a small portfolio with high earning potential.
All candidates must be licensed or enrolled in, and completed at least half of, the Strata Management Licensing Course. A successful candidate who is unlicensed at the time of their hiring will initially be hired as a part-time employee of Inspire. They will receive on the job training and mentoring from the Managing Broker and/or an experienced strata manager, provide supervised assistance to licensed managers with real world tasks, and will be allotted “study time” to complete the licensing course– being able to ask the Managing Broker questions they may have while completing their studies.
Candidates must successfully have completed their licensing course no later than 3 months following their hire, and must obtain a passing grade on the licensing exam within 6 months following their hire. Candidates who are students at a college or university, and only plan to work part-time until they have finished their program, may be given more time to complete the licensing course (please include a note in your application if this exception applies to you).
The successful candidate may join Inspire Property Management in Q4, 2022 or Q1 2023. They will work as an independent contractor, starting with a small portfolio of properties (equivalent of part-time hours after training). The candidate will receive training and mentoring from the Managing Broker. While the candidate’s knowledge and experience improves, their portfolio will grow to the equivalent of full time-hours over the course of the year following their hire.
Responsibilities will include:
• Managing each strata property’s financial affairs, strata insurance, and other paperwork
• Meeting with clients to explain guiding legislation and find resolutions to disputes patiently and tactfully
• Ensuring that each strata is in compliance with (frequently changing) laws and procedures
• Conducting meetings with strata councils
• Being available and highly responsive to take calls and emails
• Respond to emergencies (24/7)
• Proactively seek guidance and education from the Managing Broker, colleagues, and third-party continuing education courses
• Meet with clients at their properties which, will mostly be located in Kelowna and Penticton
Although the successful candidate’s portfolio of clients will primarily be in Central Okanagan, a candidate willing to travel throughout the Okanagan and Sothern Interior is preferred, and may be able to grow their portfolio to full-time pay in a much shorter period than a candidate who is only desires working with clients near Kelowna. A candidate who prefers living in Penticton may be able to transfer to our branch in Penticton after they have passed their licensing exam and/or completed their first three months of training.
We are seeking candidates with an active strata management license or individuals who meet the description below and are willing to undergo paid training (details below*).
• Be professional, patient and empathetic when working with clients
• Have exceptional conflict resolution skills
• Be able to explain complex subjects in clear and concise terms
• Be highly organized and detail-oriented
• Have intermediate computer skills, including competence in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Be able to type quickly (suggested min 60wpm) while simultaneously listening to discussions at a meeting
• Enjoy using analytical skills and finding creative solutions to problems
• Love learning complicated concepts and integrating new information as it arises
• Have a driver’s license and maintain a dependable vehicle
Westbank First Nation
Inspire has a growing number of client societies or other home owner associations within First Nation lands. Knowledge of the history, traditions, and governance of Syilx Okanagan Nation and/or Westbank First Nation is an asset. Community ties within Westbank First Nation is an asset. Indigenous candidates (First Nation, Métis, etc.) are encouraged to apply and include a note if they are familiar with or have knowledge about Westbank First Nation history, traditions and governance and/or have community ties within Westbank First Nation.
Apply on Indeed Jobs.
*Are you not currently licensed to provide strata management services, but think you would excel in the position described above? We will pay you during your training and reimburse your initial licensing fee if we ultimately hire you as a Strata Manager following your training and successful completion of the licensing exam!
Before applying, the candidate must be enrolled in the licensing course and completed at least half of the assignments.
Once hired, the candidate must complete the licensing course within 4 months, and including passing the licensing exam.
During the basic training period (3 to 6 months), the candidate will…
• Complete all tasks under the direct supervision of a current licensee
• Shadow one or more licensees at 1 to 6 council meetings per month (may be daytime or evening)
• Receiving mentoring from the Managing Broker
and if currently unlicensed:
• Receive part-time hours paid at $21 per hour
• Spend up to 2 hours weekly paid study time to expedite completion of the licensing course and allow the candidate to ask questions or discuss topics of study with the Managing Broker
or if currently licensed:
• Receive a minimum payment of $25 per hour until commissions earned from their portfolio alone exceeds that amount
After completing the course and passing the final exam, the candidate who is hired as an independent contractor will be reimbursed for the initial licensing fees.