Full-Time Position (40 hours / week).
We are seeking an individual who can begin training as soon as practicable.
The Administrative Assistant will provide in-person support our strata managers and clients in the Penticton office and remote (or work-from-home) support for our Managing Broker and other team members. Our ideal candidate will be interested in working towards a career in bookkeeping or strata management. However, a candidate who prefers the flexibility and predictability of the position as a permanent role will not be disfavored. Preference will be given to candidates with an educational background or experience in accounting or administration, including students who have been studying towards a career in one of those fields.
Our team requires a trusted, professional and courteous individual who can provide our clients with a consistently high quality experience. Your ability to think outside of the box, and to genuinely connect with clients, will set you apart. Well-developed written and oral communication skills are imperative. Experience in rental & strata property management administration is a strong asset. Such experience is not required but your ability to learn quickly and work independently is a must.
A successful employee will use the following list as a guide and provide aid as necessary, including by bringing forward new ideas to improve the business or by taking on additional tasks that fill gaps in current processes:
- Provide general administrative assistance with filing, mailing, polling clients, following up with contractors, or other duties under the direct supervision of a licensed strata or rental property management
- Data entry, including client information when onboarding a new strata or strata-like community
- Manage rental social media accounts and rental listings on corporate website
- Proof read documents
- Receive and return phone calls to ensure clients feel taken care of and record messages where necessary for follow up by strata or rental property managers.
- Iterate on procedural documents and solicit feedback to improve processes and make workflows more efficient
- Excellent time management skills
- Must work efficiently and confidently on a computer, including proficiently in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Basic knowledge of accounting concepts
- Professional phone, in person, and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently without prompting or direct assignment of tasks
- Highly organized and reliable
The ideal work week will consist of at least 3 in-office shifts. Specific days per week are flexible. Business hours are typically from 10 AM – 4 PM, Monday – Friday. However, the exact working hours for the employee may be reasonably flexible, provided the schedule is selected relatively consistent.
Starting wage: $21 per hour. Extended benefits are offered to employees after 3 months of continuous employment.
Please submit your application on Indeed Jobs here: Administrative Assistant – Penticton, BC – Indeed.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or drop ins please.