Inspire Property Management is looking for a junior strata manager or unlicensed strata manager trainee to join their small team of exceptional strata and rental property mangers in beautiful Kelowna, BC. Some benefits of this position include opportunities for continuing education and a small portfolio with high earning potential.
All candidates must be licensed or enrolled in the Strata Management Licensing Course. A successful candidate who is unlicensed at the time of their hiring will initially be hired as a part-time employee of Inspire. They will receive on the job training and mentoring from the Managing Broker, provide supervised assistance to licensed managers with real world tasks, and will be allotted “study time” to complete the licensing course– being able to ask the Managing Broker questions they may while completing their studies.
All candidates must successfully complete their licensing course within 6 months following their hire, including by obtaining a passing grade on the licensing exam.
The successful candidate will join Inspire Property Management in spring of 2019 if currently unlicensed or summer of 2019 if currently licensed. They will work as an independent contractor, starting with a small portfolio of properties to start (equivalent of part-time hours). The candidate will receiving training and mentoring from the Managing Broker as the candidate’s knowledge and experience improves and their portfolio grows to the equivalent of full time-hours over the course of the next year.
Responsibilities will include:
• Managing each strata property’s financial affairs, strata insurance, and other paperwork
• Meeting with clients to explain guiding legislation and find resolutions to disputes patiently and tactfully
• Ensuring that each strata is in compliance with (frequently changing) laws and procedures
• Conducting meetings with strata councils
• Being available to take calls and respond to emergencies (24/7)
• Proactively seeking guidance and education from the Managing Broker, colleagues, and third-party continuing education courses.
We are seeking candidates with an active strata management license or individuals who meet the description below and are willing to undergo paid training (details below*).
• Be professional, patient and empathetic when working with clients
• Have exceptional conflict resolution skills
• Be able to explain complex subjects in clear and concise terms
• Be highly organized and detail-oriented
• Have intermediate computer skills, including competence in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Be able to type quickly (suggested min 60wpm)
• Enjoy using analytical skills and finding creative solutions to problems
• Love learning complicated concepts and integrating new information as it arises
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We would like to thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Are you not currently licensed to provide strata management services, but think you would excel in the position described above? We will pay you during your training and reimburse your initial licensing fee if we ultimately hire you as a Strata Manager following your training and successful completion of the licensing exam!
Before applying, the candidate must be enrolled in the licensing course.
Once hired, the candidate must complete the licensing course within 6 months, including passing the licensing exam.
During the basic training period (3 to 6 months), the candidate will…
• Receive part-time hours paid at $20 per hour
• Complete all tasks under the direct supervision of a current licensee
• Shadow one or more licensees at 1 to 3 council meetings per month (may be daytime or evening)
• Mentoring from the Managing Broker
• Up to 2 hours weekly paid study time to expedite completion of the licensing course and allow the candidate to ask questions or discuss topics of study with the Managing Broker
After completing the course and passing the final exam, the candidate who is hired as an independent contractor will be reimbursed for the initial licensing fees.